Stat Counter



Friday, September 19, 2008

...And On The Sixth Day DP&L Said,"Let There Be Light"

The remnants of Hurricane Ike blew through my little Ohio town last Sunday(September 14th) with hurricane 75 mile an hour winds.Six days later our downtown(a block and a half away from the hospital) eight little cluster of houses is finally back on.The weather was pleasant,the moon was full and I cranked the daylights out our little self charging radio every ten minutes or so...so it wasn't all that bad.I actually enjoyed the break in the chains of my computer,and the oppression of my Tv...at least until the end of day five.I am thankful for my handy dandy cellphone.It was my nightlight.My alarm.And my form of communication.

Needless to say,our little adventure,though a tad stressful and a bit tiring,was nothing compared to what the fine folks in Texas were and are going through.Our hearts and prayers are with them.

No comments: