Stat Counter



Sunday, July 13, 2008

The Comic Of The Week>One Year Post

Greetings,comic fans.It is hard to believe but it has been one year since I have started doing this gig....congratulations to me.Not that I feel worthy or anything.I have missed some great strips[My biggest regret is not posting one of my absolute favorite comics of the year at all.It was the 'Moderately Confused' by Jeff Stahler that had a young girl texting repeatedly over and over-'text text text text text text'-while the father...adult figure was going-' T.E.X.T.'.just a great strip that has stayed with me..and I missed it.].On the other hand I have discovered many,many,many more great comics than I ever thought I could.Naming a strip of the year{cough-Frog Applause-cough} would be ludicrous.The art world of comics(and it's fans) is just too diverse and too large for something akin to that.


The comic world does have it's share of problems...shrinking comic pages-corporation strips-semi- and semi retiring artists(you know who I'm talking about).But the creativity level in the comics has never been stronger.I am proud to be alive in this time of the greatest golden age of comic strips ever.

In a time when Tv cartoons have all become media divas and 3-d animation is controlling the movies-though I see nothing wrong with either of these-and when comic books are so willy nilly,it is the newspaper/on line comics that are the true 1950 style rock stars of the medium.They are the fist raising black power athletes of the Mexico Olympics.They are the Mercury astronauts.They are Classic Coke :back when it had sugar instead of corn syrup.They are...they are...the youth of the nation...oops...I went too far.

Enough patting on the back....here is this week's comics....

....In a week that had soo many important great strips....




...I almost feel guilty going with a corporation strip.But this 'Dennis The Menace' was the only strip that actually made me LOL.That is why it is the comic of the week.



No comments: