Stat Counter



Monday, August 24, 2009

My 51st Birthday

I had a glorious fifty first birthday.Though Robyn was already on her second day of school,this gave me a last chance to spend the day with the boys before Adam & Nikolas had to go back to The University Of Toledo to start their sophomore year(Ty,doesn't go back to school for another couple of weeks).

The boys,and Adam's girlfriend,Marissa,went out to celebrate with me for lunch.At our local Mexican restaurant I am slowly working my way through their menu.I started at their #1 and I was now on their #48...which to my surprise was a very tender rib-eye.Yum!A giant Dos Equis completed my meal(Happy birthday to me).

Handing the keys off to Tyler,we men went to see ,'Inglourious Basterds'.The boys became instant Quentin Tarantino fans(I have been singing his praises for years).This was one fun movie.Brad Pitt,a perfect villain,actual conversations,pretty girls,humor,over the top violence,drama,and shooting Hitler's face off.Some of his best work.

After the flick,Robyn had rib-eyes on the grill.Two delicious (and I mean delicious) steaks in one day!WoW!)
*
Afterwords,the guys spent their last evening at home,packing and then out gallivanting...Robyn and I spent some down time together just relaxing and enjoying each other's company before the big day tomorrow.
*
Bright and not so early we packed up our-just purchased this week-2005 Subaru Forester and the Dodge Stratus.Before you knew it,the six of us(yes,Marissa,too) were heading up to the U of T and unpacking Adam & Nik.We met their roommate,Stephen,finished unpacking,and voila,we were off to Port Clinton to see Grandpa.
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
Dad has been having trouble walking(he has to use a walker),but besides that is in pretty good health.I hope I am doing as well at eighty.We had pizza,watched both the Indians and the Browns win,and also Kyle Busch win at Bristol.Quality time with Gramps.
*
We spent most of Sunday(my actual 51st birthday:the 23rd) up with Dad.I opened my presents.I got a Fricker's jersey,a Toledo Mud Hens ball cap and six front row seat tickets to watch the Mud Hens vs.the Louisville Bats at Toledo's 5/3 Field at six o'clock.


Frickers and their excellent wings was a blast.The restaurant is attached to 5/3 Field so it was a nice relaxing time without having to worry about making the game.
*
The game was even more fun.A perfect night for baseball.And we were in the front row(section 117).The Hens even rallied to win.



*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
It was slightly sad seeing Nikolas & Adam off to college,but it seemed like an endless fun filled summer,and I am glad that they are having the opportunity to go to college.

Robyn and Marissa travelled back in the Subaru and Tyler drove me home.We had a great visit.

One of my bestest birthdays ever.

No comments: