Stat Counter



Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Wunderful Time In Pittsburgh

WoW!What a great weekend!With our good~bestest of friends,Greg and Cathy,Robyn and I started out Robyn's spring break in style by visiting western Pa. First we went a ways from Pittsburgh to visit The famous Falling Water house by Frank Lloyd Wright.I tell you,it takes allot to amaze me but this beautiful house easily did.Can you say:Awesome!!!



Next,we four made a wunderful discovery of the falls at Ohiopyle..what an unexpected pleasure:-)






Knowing next to nothing about Pittsburgh-except all the negatives about it because I'm a Browns fan,I have to admit,I am going to have to adjust my way of thinking.Greg and Cathy gave us an absolutely great tour of the city and an even better time enjoying it's nightlife(you 'have' to ride the tran).Drinks at one place(sorry,I can't remember the name),dinner(and more drinks)at Houlihans...Yuengling Premium Beer mixed with my favorite Guinness draught to make perfect black and tans(well,sometimes separate,too:-)

Next to the Hard Rock for dessert..where Robyn met..Gene Simmons(?)
The next morning,Cathy,Greg,Robyn and I went downtown to the Andy Warhol Museum.
I was totally blown away.Mr.Warhol was more than just his famous portraits(yes,we saw a plethora of them) and his famous soup cans...

...in fact,he was seven stories more....photos,films,just a whole bunch of stuff.I loved his 'Myth' works.While I have always loved him,I have found that I now have an even greater appreciation for his work.



We finished our Pittsburgh weekend with a cornbeef special from a Sammy's Deli.Robyn had her's with coleslaw,I had mine with a Straub...Carl..eat your heart out.




Will our adventures in Pittsburgh,Pa. turn this Cleveland Brown fanatic into a Steelers fan?Probably not.But this fun and unique visit will make it somewhat harder to hate them.


No comments: