Stat Counter



Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Ryan Is Wrong On Rape



At around 1:03 on this video,Republican V.P. candidate,Paul Ryan,when asked about abortion for rape victims,states,‎"The method of conception does not change the definition of life".I understand that Paul Ryan is pro-life.I understand that these views match his Catholic faith,but to be so pro-life as to justify that a pregnancy is a positive result of a violent act against women is akin to pushing  women's rights back to the dark ages.

As a Christian male,I find this very offensive.

I have a favorite web sight called BibleGateway.com.On this sight I can go through almost every Biblical verse from nearly every English version Bible.Via their search engine,I can quickly find any verse and/or passage that I am searching for.I typed in the word 'abortion' and found:"Sorry, we didn’t find any results for your search." I did not find a single verse in any of the English language Bibles,except a variant reading of Job 3:16 in the Young Literal Translation(and that was not a definitively anti-abortion verse).I tried to find another word or term,via Google Search,that could be substituted in the Bibles for the word abortion,and I could find none.

I then typed in,RAPE.Some of the Bibles had many verses,but some did not use the word RAPE.Some,instead,use the word,DEFILED.

So I searched DEFILED.

Low and behold,there appeared many many verses about this.

The first item I came across was the defilement/rape of Dinah

Dinah was the daughter of Jacob/Israel.She was raped by Shechem a man from a neighboring people.

This offense against Dinah was so repugnant to the Israelites that they wiped out Shechem's whole male population,destroyed the village,and took the spoils!

After all this retribution for the rape of their sister and daughter,Mr. Ryan,do you really think that the Israelites would then say,"Sorry,Dinah,but rape is just another form of conception,"?

Your trouble,Mr. Ryan,is when you condone rapist's actions with your 'rape is just another form of conception' jabber,you are wrong.No matter how you try to justify and nullify it:rape is rape! It is a violent act against our mothers,wives and daughters!You devalue women by telling them that if they are attacked by a man and impregnated,that they should be thanking God for being so brutally violated.

WRONG!!!

Mr.Ryan,people are so outraged by this defilement,that even the Bible teaches us that whole peoples were to be wiped out because of it.

It is not a 'different kind of conception'!It is RAPE!


No comments: