Stat Counter



Friday, April 12, 2013

JESUS IS MY GUN

Greeting,my Face Book friends and family.I hope all is well with you.

I have been patiently waiting for someone holier than me to state this.Someone who has led his or her flock;fed the poor;visited the sick.Someone,by their Christ led actions,have made their opinions count for something.

For I am a sinner.I do none of these things.At best,I am lukewarm water.My voice does not carry nearly the magnitude needed for any opinion to truly matter.

But,I have waited long enough.I can not contain my voice any longer on this issue.I must shout my voice and hope  that someone-anyone-will listen.If no one else is going to say this:I must.

I ask your forgiveness for my vanity.

The issue of gun control in The United States of America is a dividing issue.Most people are afraid.Some want the continued right to bare arms.They find the American right to protect themselves with firearms,not just a Constitutional right,but,in reality,a modern necessity.Others feel that gun violence needs to be confronted.We have to do something to stop these mad loose cannons with trigger happy fingers from shooting our society apart.

I personally don't care where you stand on this issue.

But,this is my stance:

JESUS IS MY GUN.He is my sword,my shield,and my scabbard.If you build an army to defend yourself,and The Lord is not with you,you build in vain.If it is my fate to die a martyr for The Lord,I can know of no greater glory.I can only pray that I am up for the task.

For I tell you that I will love my enemy.If he wants my overcoat I will give him my jacket as well.

If The Lord is with me,who can be against me?

My faith is not in any weapon!God will be with me through many my trials and tribulations.Yea,thou I walk through the valley of death,I will fear no evil...for JESUS IS MY GUN.

No comments: