Stat Counter



Saturday, October 11, 2014

What Would Jesus Do?

What does our Lord mean when He says in Ezekiel 20:25::Therefore I gave them statutes that were not good, and ordinances through which they could not have life.

Or,what exactly is  Jesus commanding with these words in Matthew 18:18: Amen, I say to you, whatever you bind on earth shall be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.


And,just how are we supposed to interpret these holy words from Thessalonians 5:21: Test everything; retain what is good. 



Finally, ponder the words of our Lord and Savior in Matthew 9: 13:I desire mercy, not sacrifice.



Truthfully,I am not a very big 'pick and choose' from The Bible type guy.I am more from the 'absorb the book as whole' type fellow.


But,then,again,neither am I of the belief that the words in The Bible are etched in stone {except,maybe, The 10 Commandments }.I am more of the school that The Bible is the ever living,breathing word of God.


So,it befuddles me when my so called fellow Christians use The Good Book as a way to exclude,dumb down,hate and condemn their fellow (wo)~man in the name of Christianity with their exclusive interpretations of Holy scriptures.


Sadly,I fear this exclusive and intolerant brand of ,'because it says so in The Bible'  Christians.


They fear science as contemptible because scientists dare to put themselves on the level of God.The Bible says the world is 6,000 years old-how dare scientists say it's billions of years old!I have actually heard some of these Christians tell me that The Lord uses science as a way to deceive us...to test our faith.


They tell us that The Bible says that gays are bad.


That abortion is evil.


In fact,they use The Bible as the strick everlasting measuring stick to poke at everyone and thing that argues against them.

Their ideal methods seem to me to actually 'push' their fellow (wo)~man away from the love and acceptance of Christ.


Let's see...their version of the supreme being deceives,condemns and is inclusive.


That's not my God.My God is the Light and the truth;whose mercy endures forever.


My God's greatest commandments are to love Him with our whole hearts,and to love our fellow man accordingly.


Man was not made for the laws,but the law for man.


The Bible is the living,breathing word of God.


Look at the above verses.


We are meant to be God's people.Bad or antiquated rules that either no longer apply,or punish unjustly,Biblically,should be changed to benefit the continuation of God's love for all of us. Remember,what we bind will be bound in Heaven,What we loosen on Earth will be loosened in all of God's kingdoms.Just as we should not be intimidated into going against wisdom,and truth, we should not be afraid to be more accepting and tolerant.


Test everything.Retain what is good.


If this sounds crazy,remember,they said Galileo was crazy.They said Einstein was crazy.They said Hitler was crazy.


Hitler was crazy.


They aren't always wrong.


May may the love of God be with you always. 






No comments: