Stat Counter



Wednesday, August 12, 2026

Own To Rent

 While printing out newly typed sections of my 1st 200 pages/ half-way done writing project I got an email from my printer's company that I had gone 300 pages over on my ink refill plan. 


After a deep search for a real person representative, I said, I've never ever had a paper plan with you. You have never ever even  sent me any paper. Not a single piece.


The rep said, Sir, your ink plan is not really an ink plan. We charge for the average page usage   amounts. In your case, you have agreed to our 100 page plan. After 100 pages we will charge $2.⁰⁰ for every 10 pages used.


Stunned, I said that I noticed that you didn’t say sheets of paper, you said pages, instead. So does that means if I print on both sides of the paper- that counts as two pages?


Yes, Sir. If you print on both sides of a piece of paper, that's two pages.


So, if I'm writing -say- a one hundred page something or other, fifty pieces of paper would be all I'd get? 


Correct. Would you like to upgrade?


So, it is not an ink plan it's a paper plan?


Your plan is 100 pages. You have used 400 pages. If you upgrade...


...A paper plan. But I still have plenty of ink. How often would I need ink if I could only print fifty pages? 


If I wanted to quit your plan entirely would you turn off my access to my printer?


Sir?


A couple years ago when I first got this printer as a present I signed up for your ink plan. Paid each month. The same day that I saw I was running low on ink I got a package of ink in the mail. 


You knew when I knew.


Therefore, I loved my ink plan. 


Except, I lost my debit card and had to change its numbers. I forgot about my ink plan because I wasn't using the printer. 


Until I did.    And then I couldn't.  I was locked out.


Of my own printer.


I contacted the printer company. They said: Until payment resumed that I wouldn't be able to use the machine. 


It appears that I am only renting my printer. 




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Throw that printer away and cancel the subscription. Go to target-you will find a printer for under $100 and will be able to print thousands of pages. Sorry you are having this experience.