Stat Counter



Wednesday, March 14, 2007

The Walter Reed Hospital scandal & Halliburton moving it's corporate headquarters to Dubai has reminded me of how 'Support Our Troops' has become just another political catchphrase for this administration..and for most of us as well.This cartoon illustrates my point....




..I guess to some extent we are all to blame for the treatment of some of our returning vets.I DO RECOGNIZE THAT A FAIR AMOUNT OF OUR RETURNING VETERANS ARE BEING TREATED QUICKLY AND EFFICIENTLY AND WITH PURE AMERICAN KINDNESS...but even letting just one such hero hang in the wind is despicable to me.

If just a small portion of what we tax payers are over-spending on no-bid contracts to the likes of Halliburton and such were put to better use by being used for vet care,more veterans would be getting more and better care.

We,as voters,must truly support our troops the best way we know how,and that is by voting out the bastards who have put our brave men in women needlessly in harms way and then don't even have the honor to support their recovery.

[For further thoughts by me,read this previous post if you want]

1 comment:

Dharma said...

It is all just way too out of control!! It will take yearsto get things back together after Bush & Friends are gone. But, I believe that there are people, like myself, that really do mean,"support the troops". Not the war machine or Bush or any of that debacle. I say it because it means, to me, that I do support the men and women that are doing a job, but not the machine that sent them or this crappy war. I am not that fond of all the opportunities seized upon by the makers of magnetic car ribbons and the like, but if it helps just one small business make some dinner money etc. then so be it. I'll fly my flag, but forget all the rest of the trappings. Halliburton be damned!!

People who do not get involved and/or care in this next election get exactly what they deserve!!