Stat Counter



Sunday, May 03, 2009

Various














Howdy strangers...

Robyn and I decided to go Morel mushroom hunting yesterday.On top,is a picture of us 'setting the trap'.That is me with our first 'roon'.We only got a few,but hunting them on a beautiful spring day was a reward in itself.

....Current affairs joke#1 {The new 'Star Trek' movie comes out this Friday}:What did Jesus say to Captain Kirk,when Capt.Kirk asked him to operate on a man? "Damn it,Jim!I'm a miracle worker,not a doctor!"

....Joke#2{worthy of Rush Limbaugh}:Grandpa used to say that we would have a black president when pigs fly...the two big news stories this past week:Obama's first 100 days and swine flu.
I am getting back into tree work...just as much for fun as for profit.I did my first job last Friday..a nice size muti-trunked silver maple.Had to rope stuff off over her roof,miss a fence,another house,a clothes line,etc.It was fun.I sliced my right ring finger pretty good throwing a branch(teach' me not to always wear my gloves-had to put my glove back on just so I couldn't see myself bleeding),and I had just a few scrapes and bruises(a really big bruise on my butt).But,God it was fun
Thanks to my buddy,Shane for helping run the ropes.
You see,I have been told for years that I should do something just for myself.Now,just because I don't always 'act' immediately on given advice,that is not the same as not listening or condemning the advice giver.
In this case,I just needed the opportunity...and the balls...to do it.I wanted to get back into climbing for years,but I needed a good new tree saw.I finally said screw it,paid the cash and got it.You can not believe how pumped having the right piece of equipment can be.Actually,Robyn was over joyed by my decision,too.

Finally,here are a few more 'roon' photos...not the greatest catch ever,but good by our standards...mmm...can't wait to eat them:-)






No comments: