Stat Counter



Thursday, November 08, 2007

The Ghost Of Tom Joad

Thanks to Mixter for putting me into a 'Rage'.This is a so-so video of 'Rage Against The Machine's cover of the Bruce Springsteen song,'The Ghost Of Tom Joad'.Rage's version is,in my opinion,one of the absolute best rock songs:EVER!

Of course the song is about one of the main characters in John Steinbeck's absolutely great novel,"The Grapes Of Wrath".And of course
the anthem shouted out near the end of the song is the famous soliloquy made famous by Henry Fonda who portrayed Tom Joad in the absolute classic movie version of the magnificent book.







Now here is Bruce Springsteen's version.






I liked Rage's version best...but what about you?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree. But, I'm a big fan of Rage Against the Machine.

Mixter