Stat Counter



Sunday, March 02, 2008

+The Comic Of The Week+

I was going to go old school and pick this fantastic 'Blondie'...





But This La Cucaracha was just to funny to pass up.That is why it is the comic of the week.




Though I love a steamy 'Frog Applause'




And a good Cleveland joke



This,'Pickles',by Brian Crane, is the comic of the week.


A special shout out to Tank McNamara.I wait all year for his 'Sport Jerk Of The Year'...psst...it's the University of Michigan's Rich Rodriguez.




But this week's 'Tom The Dancing Bug',by Ruben Bolling,is just too freakin' funny to pass up!That is why it is the comic of the week:-)



The Comic Of The WeekIt was a very busy week:Palm Sunday,St.Patrick's Day,the first day of Spring and Good Friday.I was going to publish the best cartoon for each occasion.Not finding a single Good Friday cartoon(though I did not have the time to explore all of the political cartoonists)blew that idea out of the water.

However,I did find this new interpretation of a all time classic newspaper comic quite interesting.It is called,'Garfied Minus Garfield'.I am both a big fan of Jim Davis and Garfield.I am amazed how such a long running,classic can still be one of the funniest strips out there.It is a hard feat.Jim Davis somehow still does it.

So,'Garfield Minus Garfield' doesn't catch my eye because 'Garfield ' itself is irrelevant.I liked 'GMG' because it found a new take on a still very special comic strip.

Will 'GMG' is have any zing after a week or so....that I don't know.That is why it is the comic of the week.



















'Pardon My Planet' ,my Vic Lee,came up with two really good zingers this past week.Hilarious stuff.Both are so good that this week we have a tie...that is why 'Pardon my Planet' is the comic of the week.

Once again,we have a tie.But this week we have two absolutely great strips.First amongst equals is this 'Frog Applause',by the excellent Teresa Dowlatshahi,from last Wednesday.Both arousing and fun,this is the exact type of cutting edge humour that should be in the comics.Hey,Teresa,great strip.Here is a vertical smile of my own....> :-)
Next is the comic we all been waiting for.Luann rocked on Wednesday.Way to go Brad & Toni.


Both strips are in their own ways just top notch work...the reason I read the comics.That is why they both are the comic of the week.

The Comic Of The Week This 'Frank and Ernest' was very funny on Kentucky Derby week



This 'Rhymes With Orange' was a classic.


But I got a real big hoot out of this 'Get Fuzzy'.That is why it is the comic of the week.

No comments: