Stat Counter



Friday, March 07, 2008

Join The 'Earth Day' Peaceful Protest


I have come up with a great way to celebrate both Earth Day(April,22),and to protest the outrageous profits the gas companies are making(I was going to say,'generating',but that is just too ironic).

I am suggesting a protest that is peaceful,legal,and most importantly,'green'.It will help save both our pocket books and our planet.

I am asking for just one day-Earth Day-April 22,2008-for everyone to be civil disobedient by simply obeying the law(for once).I am suggesting that everyone 'drive the speed limit'!

This,in my opinion,is an excellent form of peaceful protest that would make both Gandhi and Martin Luther King proud.It would be totally within the law,and bring to the forefront of the media that American's are both sick of the oil companies and are willing to sacrifice for a better,greener-planet.

So,whose with me?If you are,just simply send this post along to your friends.Let's help make a greener ,healthier Earth,if just for one day.

It could be a new beginning.

10 comments:

Dharma said...

I already do.

What If There Is dog? said...

I am not talking about driving 4 or 5 miles over.I am talking about 45 in a 45 zone.25 in a twenty five...etc.NO speeding at all!If you travel the freeway at all,you know how impossible this is.

Dharma said...

Not true. I am one of those people that goes 65 and everyone passes me. I don't like to drive fast. Don't speed. Never have, I have not ever had a ticket for doing so either. Just one of those driving things that I have never done.

What If There Is dog? said...

That is rather odd behavier from a non comformist such as yourself.Why do you not speed?

Dharma said...

There are just somethings that you need to do and safety is one of those things.

What If There Is dog? said...

This is an amazing revelation!Actually going slower then the flow of traffic can be very frightening and dangerous...
...who'd a thunk it

Dharma said...

I drive in the right hand lane and it is usually going 65, if on the x-way. Anytime I am doing "in town" driving there is not any opportunity to drive anything above the limit. I don't know about where you live. Maybe if you, or others, live in an area where there many country roads with long straight ways people might go over, but I don't see much of that here. Just folks in the passing lane on the x-way.

What If There Is dog? said...

Hello,Dharma,Do you not like driving the freeways?Don't you go to the nearby big cities.Surely you must drive over the speed limit sometime!?!

Though,I find it rather charming that you never speed...that much,I will give you:-)

Dharma said...

I actually HATE having to drive anywhere on highways! I really do. I do it, but I am not very fond of it when it is necessary let me tell you, but I do stay right at 65 because of my dislike. It probably stems from never having had very good cars for most of my life.

What If There Is dog? said...

Dharma,I totally understand...we all have our kryponite....

...so..I can count on you doing the speed limit on the 22nd of April?Thre wil at least be two of us:-)