Stat Counter



Sunday, March 23, 2008

The Comic Of The Week

It was a very busy week:Palm Sunday,St.Patrick's Day,the first day of Spring and Good Friday.I was going to publish the best cartoon for each occasion.Not finding a single Good Friday cartoon(though I did not have the time to explore all of the political cartoonists)blew that idea out of the water.

However,I did find this new interpretation of an all time classic newspaper comic quite interesting.It is called,'Garfied Minus Garfield'.I am both a big fan of Jim Davis and Garfield.I am amazed how such a long running,classic can still be one of the funniest strips out there.It is a hard feat.Jim Davis somehow still does it.

So,'Garfield Minus Garfield' doesn't catch my eye because 'Garfield ' itself is irrelevant.I liked 'GMG' because it found a new take on a still very special comic strip.

Will 'GMG' still have any zing after a week or so....that I don't know.That is why it is the comic of the week.





No comments: