Stat Counter



Tuesday, June 30, 2009

The New Screen Door and Other Various Ramblings....












When our front storm door finally went kaplooie,Robyn came up with the keen idea of replacing it with just a screen door.It was a little larger than our storm door so I had to do some fancy finagling to make it fit(for me,anyways).Somehow I managed to get it up.I was going to put a spring loader closer on it...but we decided that we liked that sound of the door slapping shut.Robyn was the real player in this episode.She painted the whole front door area...and it really looks sharp.

Nice job,dear.

My taste in beer is slightly askew,me thinks.I am the only one I know that actually likes the taste of the new Bud Light & Clamato{sort of like spicy V~8 juice} concoction called,'Chelada'.I just can't drink enough of it.It goes down so deliciously smooth...Mmmm...good stuff.I can not see why(or how)no one else likes it...I sure do.

I believe that Michael Jackson's downfall began when he bought-some say stole-the publishing rights to the Beatle's catalogue.Urban legend has it that while recording a song with Paul McCarthy that Paul told him how much he(Paul)was going to bid and Michael simply outbid him.I don't know how much truth there is to this story,but it does seem that Jacko went wacko soon afterwords.

Anyway...new news reports state that Michael may have given them back.

More than Neverland,Michael Jackson's life story seems more like something out of a Grimm's Fairytale.A cautionary tale for sure.

Wilco has a new album called,'Wilco-The Album'.There is even a song called,'Wilco-The Song'.Since they called the new recording an 'album',I got the grandiose thought of purchasing the actual Lp.Smart move,Ex-Lax..while the cd has been out for over a week,I still don't have the Lp:-(

Wilco is one of my favorite groups.Both,'Hotel Foxtrot' and 'A Ghost Is Born' are fantastic albums.Some of the best music of the decade.Well,all of their cd's are good,really.Those two are just both,just classics.

Cleveland Browns wide receiver Donte' Stallworth is getting thirty days in jail for his drunk driving accident that killed 59-year-old Mario Reyes.

Meanwhile,the man that stole Lance Armstrong's time trial bike is getting 'three years in jail'!

Maybe it is comparing apples and oranges,but...I guess it pays to be a professional athlete.

Anyway,I hope that you are having a very nice summer.Good luck all.

No comments: