Stat Counter



Monday, May 08, 2006

Giving Praise

I wasted allot of free time on this,so ...can you be so kind just to listen-our better put-put up with my ravings.

Our minister assistant spoke yesterday,and what he said made allot of sense to me.He had an oxen yoke,and put it on himself and another man.He later talked about how God wants us to carry our yokes and follow him.God doesn't want us to wait until we are holy or cured of our flaws.He wants us with our flaws.God wants us to carry them with us and follow him.What Gene said next really hit me personally.He said that it may seem too steep of a price to love,until you think of the price of an empty loveless life.He asked if prayer was worth the effort,and then said that it was priceless compared to the life without hope.Gene spoke of the value of giving praise.He said it was worth the effort when you think how life must be for those who lead thankless lives.

I tell you,that really hit me.There was allot of truth in what he said..at least to me.

The second thing I want to blabber on to you about is something that has been troubling my mind,and the answer I got from puzzling it.When life is rough(when isn't it?),why give thanks and praise?I mean,why don't we?Why should we?

I think everyone wants to be happy.I think it is a major dream for most people.I know there is more to life then happiness,but don't we all want to feel satisfied and joyous at least once in a while?For instance,I see that I have soo many things to be happy for,yet,I sometimes fret the day away...(even though Robyn says I don't ever worry about anything).

What stops me from praising?Allot of times I just don't feel like it.The spirit is willing,but the body is weak.This is where I thought of the saying in the Bible that states we must die to our bodies,as Christ has died in his.This has always been a hard passage for me to understand,but the other day,I got the message.

My body screws with me.I sometimes suffer from depression,sometimes,I think, it is anxiety attacks.Hell,sometimes,it is just too much coffee.But my body screws with me.Some people have it worse then me,they are bi-polar,or sick in other ways.How can I give praise when my body chemistry is doing everything in it's power to stop me?Even if I have every reason to sing praises,if I am ravished by depression,how can I?

Worse yet,when I am unemployed,and feeling worthless..I just don't get it.

This is where I think,maybe,just maybe,there is a plan.Maybe this is all happening for a reason,and maybe,even if there isn't a reason for this happening,there is still a reason for giving praise and thanks.

Here is my long drawn out point:The spirit is willing,the body is weak.Carry your yoke and follow me.Am I just the sum of my body parts?Do I have no option other then to react to what my body tells me to do?Or,am I more then that?

I am more then that.I am!

The spirit is willing,the body is weak.I don't care.I will not let my body control all of my actions and thoughts.Though my depressed body screams to me,"No,no no,no no!"It is wrong(and some what ill/sick),if what I believe the answer to be is ,"Yes,yes,yes,yes!"

I (o-k,most of the time)no longer care.I will give praise for the beautiful sunrise.I will give thanks for those that I love,and for those that love me.Do I have to feel it 100%?No,I don't even have to believe it 100%.I will say it anyway...because the spirit is willing!

Please,forgive my nagging.This has really been way more for me,then about you.But I thank you for being my sounding board,and for letting me express my thoughts.You have helped 'ME'.You let me express myself,and dwell into my thoughts.You are very generous and kind.Thank you

No comments: