Stat Counter



Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Ashes Of The Repubican Dream

What has happened to the Repubican party?

Nice opening,huh?

First off,right out of the bag,I am a die hard Democrat-always have been-always will be.

But,what has happened to the Repubicans?I mean,they have become caricatures of themselves.It is if the are now Repubicans in name only.

You see,I believe in the two party system.Hell,even throw in a third or forth party once in a while.But,I like the two party system.

I am a Democrat because I am for the small guy,the oppressed,the overworked,the underpaid.Basically,I am Democrat because I am blue collar,and the Repubicans always seemed to benefit the rich.Hell,I have nothing against the rich,I am just not one of them.So,while we may butt heads,we can both agree that we both are both truly American.

And I have learned under the two party system that the other party does have it's admired strengths.The Repubicans biggest strength in my eyes is that they are strong Constitution guys.I began to believe in the strength and power of The Constitution mainly because of them.While my own party was trying to make an amendment or two to the Constitution,the values of The Repubican always shouted out against such actions.

Us Democrats wanted to ban certain types of guns.The Repubicans,pushed,perhaps,even lead,by The NRA,were always soundly against such anti-Constitution measures.They yelled that if we started watering down our rights,soon we would have no Constitution left to fight for.I hate to say it,but I agreed with them whole heartedly.If thousands of handgun deaths was the price for our freedom-then,WoW,Our Constitution and the rights that went with it,was worth the sacrifice...even if someday it was my own sacrifice.

This stance by The Repubicans made me more proud of America and our beautiful meaningful Constitution.I may have hated the Repubicans position on allot of things,but I had to admit,they were right on about The Constitution and what would happen if we ever started trying to water it down.

Now,I am amazed how this so called new breed of Repubicans are trying to wring The Constitution dry.Gay marriage amendments!Anti-flag burning amendments.Amendments to let non-native born Americans run for president.Anti-immigration amendments!What the HELL is wrong with these people?Are they trying to destroy us from within?These are the very people that should be pissed off about all these frivolous amendments.My God,they should be fighting mad about these kind of shenanigans!

So I ask,What has happened to The Repubican party?

No comments: