Stat Counter



Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Ella Font and Don Key Talk

Ella:"Why can't they,at least,speak English-This is America,you know."
Don:"You mean this administration?."
Ella:"What?"
Don:"Well,how can we ask immigrants to speak English if our president doesn't speak it properly?"
Ella:"Ha ha.Very funny.At least he means what he says."
Don:"Not if he doesn't say what he means.He demands higher education standards,but can't put two sentences together.Shouldn't someone promoting education at least try to speak proper English?"
Ella:"I am talking about 'illegal immigrants demanding the right to speak Spanish.'This is America,damn it.They should speak the language of the land.
Don,:"Why?Since when has America demanded everyone speak English...y'all?"
Ella:"You're an idiot.I can't believe you are putting down half of our country.The southern dialect is English:American English.Any American anywhere can understand the southern drawl."
Don:"See,you are making my point for me.We should be free to speak any way we want to in this country.'
Ella:"You 'liberals' make me sick.You twist every little thing to suit your own purposes.But the point is,in The United States of America we speak English.We always have,and we always will.There should be a law that English should be the only official American language.You want to live here,you should speak English in public."
Don:"For someone against burning the flag,and for protecting our gun rights,you sure are spouting some very anti-American rhetoric.I would laugh at you for making a mountain out of a molehill,for taking the peoples minds off the more serious issues of the day,except that you are talking about banning freedom of speech."
Ella:"Whaaaat?Are you crazy?Almost every other country in the world has official languages.Why shouldn't America?How can you be making this a freedom of speech issue?You just don't love America.You want to see it fall."
Don:"Don't give me that crap.Everytime you see you are starting to loose an argument you throw out that I am not American enough.What ever happened to,"I disagree with what you say,but I will defined -to the death-your right to say it.'Huh?In America we demand free speech."
Ella:"Please-who are the Dixie Chicks or Bruce Springsteen to tell me what to think?They are just using their position to manipulate the public.Who are they to tell me,huh?They are just singers.What the hell do they know?"
Don;"I think I am seeing a pattern,here.You want to shut up as many people as possible.You are so power hungry and self righteous that you think no one has a right of free speech but you."
Ella:"That is not true.It is just that you should expect to pay the price for using your free speech."
Don:So how then is it free speech if people with the opposing view will do what ever it takes to shut you up instead of letting you talk?"
Ella:"SMACK!!!" "Shut up,you commie!"
Don:"Point taken."

2 comments:

Osquer said...

Am I the only person that is horrified that nuc-u-lar has now been put in some dictionaries as a secondary pronunciation for Nuclear?

What If There Is dog? said...

He probably pronouces 'leader' as 'ledder'.How did he get through college I want to know?