Stat Counter



Monday, February 12, 2007

Hurray For The Dixie Chicks!!!



Hurray for The Dixie Chicks!!!They had a very big night last night at The Grammy Awards.They won all of the big awards for their,'Taking The Long Way' cd.The awards included,not only 'record' and 'song' of the year,but also 'album' and 'country album' of the year[their 5th award went to Rick Rubins for producer of the year].

I have all of their cd's and Robyn & I went to see them in Columbus last July 23rd.One of my very first blog posts was about them.So,needless to say,I am very happy about their big wins last night.

In honor of The Dixie Chicks big night,I thought I would post for you one of my all time favorite Dixie Chicks songs.This is off their tremendous muti-Grammy award winning cd,'Taking The Long Way',and is my absolute favorite cut off of it.This is a song that most people assume is 'a lost love' song.But I have another interpretation.I believe that,'Voice Inside My Head' is about a much more potent subject.I believe that 'Voice' is about a woman whom had an abortion ten years earlier and was still wondering about her decision and how her life could be different now.This,in my opinion,makes this song so much more rich and powerful.It is just a fantastic song.Listen for yourself and see if you don't agree.Let me know.Enjoy:-)




No comments: