Stat Counter



Saturday, August 04, 2007

The Cat Of Death And Various Other News Stories

Concerning my anemia,first the good news,my hemoglobin count is up to 9.3 g/dl from and all time low of 5.2 g/dl when I first found out about it.Since the low healthy average is 13 g/dl,I still have a way to go,but I am moving up the ladder.The doc has me on iron pills twice a day so I think I will continue to hopefully climb.The bad note is that I had to cancel and reschedule two doctor appointments until September because work wouldn't give me the time off to go to them....Oh-well...I will survive.

Unlike the patients that this 'Death Cat's visits.It seems this precocious pussycat named Oscar leaves residents of his nursing home home pretty much alone until an hour or so before their upcoming deaths.This kitty wears no black robe and carries no scythe to reap the dead souls...he just purrs them on to the next world.I don't know if I find this cat comforting or disquieting.A little of both,probably.It would be nice at your hour of ending to have a comforting soul next to you...but this also seems like the legend of the cats that jump up into the baby's crib to lick the milk from the baby's mouth...sort of a soul licker..brrrr.That's just scary.

Speaking of scary.I don't know about you,but at least for a little while,I am going to feel just a tad bit scared going over older well traveled bridges.My heart and prayers go out to the families involved in the terrible bridge collapse in Minneapolis.My heart is aghast to the horror that all these rush hour travelers must have endured...a real nightmare.

Speaking of nightmares,you better not talk in your sleep.Thanks to the lackeys in the Democratic party,even more of our freedoms are gone with the wind.The George Orwell Party is now going to take away even more of our freedoms in order to keep us free.The Senate voted to expand warrantless surveillances on both you and me.But don't worry,this over-extension of the law will only temporarily take away some our civil rights ...you know,like the federal income tax was just supposed to be temporary.The Ministry Of Magic...er...The Bush administration seems firmly under the control of 'He Who Must Not Let The Constitution Get In His Way'.

I have just finished reading,' Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows'(or in keeping with the running joke-'The Plot That Must Not Be Mentioned').I missed on almost all of my predictions...only getting a couple,nearly correct.It was a great book.A fine ending to a very fine series of novels.I know that the books have been criticized for poor character development and weak plots,but that did not stop me from mourning over the few characters that did not make it to the end of the book.I will miss the yearly adventures of the witches,wizards and magically animals that J.K.Rowling brought to the bookshelves every year.

Or I would except for this news story talking about giant man eating badgers sent to Iraq from Great Britain.By golly(!) the wizarding world is real!


But what would I know...I'm only a Muggle.

No comments: