Stat Counter



Thursday, December 06, 2007

This and That

Happy St. Nikolas Day.Though we are not Catholic,I come from a Catholic background,and today,December 6th,is the traditional start of the gift giving season in our house hold.Next,comes the boys' birthday on the 17th.Then,there is Christmas Eve-Eve-the traditional day I celebrate the season at work.I used to give out small gifts like lottery tickets,cigarettes etc.;I would then go shopping and celebrating with my brother Carl and cousin Frank(it was more of a party than anything).Now,Christmas Eve-Eve is an early excuse of being of good cheer.Finally we will have the multiple days of celebrating Christmas with family and friends..usually ending on New Years Eve.

For St.Nikolas Day,our tradition has evolved into me giving Christmas mugs filled with candy,maybe a toy or book or Christmas ornament....and...you have to have a tangerine!So,Happy St. Nikolas Day.

Works sucks.I don't care.Tuesday I had to travel 200 miles for seven hours pay.Yesterday,I traveled 180 in the terrible snow(schools were cancelled).What usually takes me an hour and a half took me over three.I got five hours pay.Today,I might get eight hours in for the 180 round trip.

Oh,and I didn't get my dollar an hour raise.I got the responsibility,just not the raise.When I was still making only $10.00 an hour on my last check,I bitched.They said that I get the raise after a sixty WORK DAY probation!Lucky me.

But,I am letting this roll off me.I am of good cheer.The boys are seniors,we are all together,and it is the Christmas season.It snowed yesterday,and though the driving was scary and ruff in the morning,it was beautiful coming home.

That is around it.I have to go to work.Happy St. Nikolas Day.

No comments: