Stat Counter



Tuesday, January 16, 2007

The Benefits Of Green Tea?

Last night I watched a show on the health benefits of tea.The show stated that it was the only natural beverage with both a stimulant and a depressant giving the person who takes it a unique ying and yang buzz.Though we have a bunch of different teas in the house ,I thought I would try a cup of a grapefruit flavored green tea.I did not sleep well all night.At 3:45 am my mind suddenly turned on in two ways.Not only was I aware I was counting down the time until I had to get up(I had to get up at 4:30),I was also counting up the time.In other words I was thinking ,"I only have 45 minutes left to sleep," AND "I still have 45 minutes left to sleep."This went on (still 40 minutes-only 40 minutes)until I decided maybe I should meditate.I started meditating and the name Rita Connolly popped into my head.Now what the hell is that all about!?! I got up and goggled the name,but nothing meaningful popped up.Now,though I have only gotten pretty much 3 1/2 hours of good sleep,feel neither tired or jittery-but suspect I will before my day is through.That was some tea..how do you drink the stuff?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ugh. I HATE having nights like that! I hope you can take a nap later today!

I love all kinds of tea, but I generally drink them earlier in the day.

Mixter

Esteban said...

I second that. Drinking tea in the evening has produced similar results for me. My personal favorite is called Double Bergamot Earl Grey which is flavored with bergamot, a European citrus fruit. Kind of a cross between an orange and a lemon. Anyways, I probably prefer coffee (especially since I bought an espresso machine) but sometimes theres nothing like a good cup of tea.