Stat Counter



Wednesday, January 03, 2007

{Due to MSN ,Blogsplot or just my own damnable computer I have found myself unable to post comments on most of my favorite blogs.Every time I try to log onto them for some unknown reason I am totally booted off my MSN homepage(thanks allot MSN).I am going to have to call my internet provider and do the 24/7 loop-de-lou-run-a-round...sometime...sometime when I have that much prosac or sedatives at my disposal.Until then,I'll have to do things my own way.}


My good friend Mixter has just written some mind expanding posts on her incredible blog,"Mixter's Mix'[read here and here].Unable to comment directly onto her blog,I thought I would post my comments here on my own less knowledgeable,and more long winded soapbox...

....Go ahead,read her stuff first and then come back...I'll wait.


Aah,you're back.Good:-)

"False messiahs and false prophets will arise, and they will perform signs and wonders so great as to deceive, if that were possible, even the elect."This is a quote out of the book of Matthew(24:24). But,if you'd like,read all of Matthew 24,first,before we go on,be my guess.

"Stop judging, that you may not be judged.For as you judge, so will you be judged, and the measure with which you measure will be measured out to you. Why do you notice the splinter in your brother's eye, but do not perceive the wooden beam in your own eye? How can you say to your brother, 'Let me remove that splinter from your eye,' while the wooden beam is in your eye? " This is from Matthew(Matt 7:1-4)

Why is this important?Because by how we judge Saddam,we could be possibly judging ourselves.Think about it.Who sold Saddam most of his weapons of mass destruction?Is that Donald Rumsfeld shaking hands with Saddam way back when?Can we blatantly condemn him to hell without asterisking * him as possibly being pushed in that direction by the U.S.A.?

Oh what a tangled web we weave.As Christians we should know that Christ did/does not base his ministry on fear,or hatred or even retributional justice for that matter.Jesus is love and mercy.

"You have heard that it was said, 'An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth.'But I say to you, offer no resistance to one who is evil. When someone strikes you on (your) right cheek, turn the other one to him as well.If anyone wants to go to law with you over your tunic, hand him your cloak as well.Should anyone press you into service for one mile, go with him for two miles.Give to the one who asks of you, and do not turn your back on one who wants to borrow."You have heard that it was said, 'You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.'But I say to you, love your enemies, and pray for those who persecute you." This is from Matthew 5:38-42.

Again,"Then Peter approaching asked him, "Lord, if my brother sins against me, how often must I forgive him? As many as seven times?"
Jesus answered, "I say to you, not seven times but seventy-seven times."(Matthew 18:21-22).

This is the Jesus I know and love.The road and the task would be harder,except,that it is in and through Christ that I am taking it.Therefore,I worry when a so called minister preaches fear,for I do not believe that is Jesus' message.Rather,this passage from Matthew 6:24-26 is more in Jesus way of thinking:""No one can serve two masters. He will either hate one and love the other, or be devoted to one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and mammon.Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat (or drink), or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food and the body more than clothing? Look at the birds in the sky; they do not sow or reap, they gather nothing into barns, yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are not you more important than they?"

I have already written and published twice my views of the Book Of Revelations(OK,Trice).I find the fear mongering concerning this book verging on anti-Christian theology.

But if we must dwell upon it,whom and or what is trying to destroy this planet the quickest...Who is polluting it the most?Who is using up most of it's resources?Who is shoving it's pagan style culture all over the globe?Who is usurping Christ's' throne with with anti-Christian messages in Christ's name?We must consider the possiblity of removing the plank out of our own eyes first.

If we are to use Christ's name,we must try our best to become Christ like.In this I pray.Amen

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great response to faux Christianity! Nice post, Drew.

BTW: I hope you can come back and comment soon!

Mixter

Anonymous said...

ABSOLUTELY! AMEN!