Stat Counter



Saturday, July 14, 2007

NEW MILLER CHILL

The thing about having anemia is that part of the condition of having it is that it makes you stupid and lazy.That's why I didn't notice it's effects on me...I thought it was just part of my natural condition.Hell,'Flaming Youth' {"I'm stupid and I'm lazy-if they only knew},by Kiss,has always been my mantra.



How stupid and lazy am I? When I finally went for a exam,the doctor knew I had the problem immediately and did some blood tests(...'just to be sure').
After playing church league softball,I came home and at nine o'clock the doctor called(never a good sign a dr. calling after nine P.M.)saying my hemoglobin level was 5 gm/dl! Now,the normal hemoglobin levels for an adult male is between 14-18 gm/dl.The doctor said I needed a blood transfusion NOW!


I asked if it could wait until after work tomorrow.I could tell that Doc was upset("Wha...?No!Are you crazy!?!Well..if you absolutely must.But please,promise me you won't get into an accident!").


Side note:I didn't tell the doctor that my company was late on bringing me my check and I that really really needed it,and that they promised to bring it to work to me the next day.

Of course,they didn't get it to me.So at five P.M. the next night,I went into the hospital and got two units of blood! I didn't get home until after three A.M.,but I got up for work at 5:20 anyway.And OOh Baby[!] I didn't care.That blood made me feel so damn good that that next evening I drove the hour to pick up my check-even changed a flat tire.I didn't care.I was feelin' groovy!WoW!!!


That transfusion lasted a week on the good scale.


Since then,I have had my blood tested twice.Once-a few days after the transfusion -it registered at 8.5 gm/dl.The second time-after my ALLS WELL IN THE END-colonoscopy.It was 8.6.




I used to give blood(over two gallons-thank you very much),so even as stupid and lazy as I am I know that lost blood should be put back into your system within a day or two...not be almost steady for a couple weeks.That is why I am going back for more tests and more blood work in a week or so.


What really makes me worried is that in the past couple of days,have I felt like I did before the blood was given me.I remember how I felt with the blood...and I don't feel that way now.To quote Wilco,"My mind is a machine/it's lazy and it's dull".And I just feel like sitting.I just want to rest.I don't want to drive the over two hours today to go to a wedding.I just want to sit....




.....that is why I enjoy NEW MILLER 'CHILL'!It is the new beer from Miller-made Mexican Chelada style.I enjoy it's sour almost bitter 'lime'* taste as it hits the tip of my tongue and the cool salty after taste as it hits the back of my throat!Mmmmmmm-mmm,I can't get enough of 'em:-)




If I didn't know that it is wise to drink responsibly,I would drink them until I dropped!Wait!I'm stupid AND lazy...I CAN drink them until I drop.




Oooh,NEW MILLER CHILL...you make life
worth living..I love you soo.




[NEW MILLER CHILL is sold wherever any good
beverage can be purchased.Please drink
responsibly.]




*my post originally said 'lemony' ...but as Dharma nicely pointed out,it is a lime taste :-)




4 comments:

Dharma said...

Isn't it a lime flavor? I believe I heard the ad etc. and it is already added so you don't have to drink a Corona and add your own lime. Which may become difficult after a dozen or so. It's a small whole to try and fit a lime. Oh, I suppose you should cut it up first. D'oh!!

What If There Is dog? said...

Yes,dharma it is lime,but I couldn't figure out how to spell limeity...lime like flavor..so I said lemony..Oh what the hell...I'll just go change it

Esteban said...

I haven't tried it yet. I've been told that the first one is delicios, but then you need to switch to something else. I'll have to give it a go this weekend.

What If There Is dog? said...

I don't know.I drink allot of 'em