Stat Counter



Sunday, July 22, 2007

What The Difinition Of 'IS Is-Pt. II

I never intended to write a follow up to my previous post,'What The Definition Of 'IS' Is',but the feedback that I got brought up some good points that I feel are worthy of further discussion.


In the previous post I basically asked just what was sex?The only sex that everyone agreed was sex was the actual act of sexual intercourse....


...though I interjected that in some cases even this could not even be considered sex -but love making-intercourse was the only common point that all participants agreed would be considered 'cheating' if you did it with someone else besides your spouse.



Besides intercourse the field ran the gauntlet of what was considered cheating.Some pointed out that even thinking about thinking about having sex with someone else other then your husband or wife could be considered cheating.On the other hand,I had a friend who once told me that even if he was caught in bed with another woman by his wife that he would deny it until the point that his wife would stop believing her own eyes and start believing him instead.



Of course,my friend is long since divorced,and if just thinking about thinking about sex is cheating then I am as guilty as him.



I am not a believer that every thought that you think condemns you.There is that little thing called 'temptation'.I look at it this way,if the thought itself condemns me,I might as well freakin' do the action.If I am already condemned:Why not do the action(if possible)?That's just the way I am.



Likewise,if I just think good thoughts...then it's just the same as doing good deeds then...right? Right?



Some of you are going to point out the error of my ways.After all,it was Jesus who said this just thinking about it claptrap.But it was also Jesus that would not condemn the adulteress.



In fact,it could be said that Jesus would not even have been around if not for adultery.Jesus came from the divine Davidic ancestral line.And how did this holy line of David begin?Yes,you guessed it...through adultery.



David,as King,could have as many wives and concubines as he wished.His sin was that he took Bathsheba-another man's wife-and has sex with her.I have told this story before,but the fact hasn't changed.The first son of this adulteress relationship died,but their next was was Solomon.Solomon was the first of a long line of sons of David kings....which all led up to not only the birth of Jesus,but to his holy heritage as well.

Does this mean that I am pro adultery?Not necessarily.What it does mean is that when we can not even agree on what cheating is,how can we be sure just thinking about it is sinful?For that matter,how can we be sure we even should be condemning at all?

Maybe Jesus was talking about something different entirely.There are other verses in the Bible about being careful where you put your treasure...for there is where your heart will be.No man can serve two masters.He will love one and hate the other.There are even other stories about people giving up all they have-or selling all they have-once they have found their true treasure.

I am not going so far as to say be careful what you wish for,but it is more like,be careful what you let your mind dwell.Temptation is fine and good,to a point.Perhaps,Jesus was saying that you can train your mind to concentrate and believe in what is healthy and good for you.

And,perhaps,through the story of David and Bathsheba,that maybe,just maybe,God works through us-faults and all.

This,is of course,only my Christian based thoughts on the subject.There are probably some of you out there that don't base your ideas of sex and things like adultery from the Christian perspective.Maybe some of you see these things as less of a sin/crime,and maybe some of you see them as more.

That makes this issue less black and white and on the whole more of a gray area,not to me-I have to live by my views-but in judging other peoples actions on these subjects.I could go harsh,or I could go tolernent.

Which way do you choose?

No comments: