Stat Counter



Sunday, February 10, 2008

Feb.,10th:Comic Strip Demonstration Day

In order to bring awareness to the diversity of the Afro-American cartoonists,today is,'Comic Strip Demonstration Day'.The goal is for the cartoonists to be appreciated for the quality of their individual comic strips,and not by the ethnicity of themselves or their characters.

I am for a larger-more diverse comics section(either a full page or pages).I feel there should be room for both 'Blondie',and 'Candorville'.I feel that this is a great initial effort to boost that cause.I hope'Comic Strip Demonstration Day' becomes a yearly event.

Here is a sampling of today's strips.Caution:I enclosed what could be considered an opposing view to exemplify the need for diversity.


















http://www.mamasboyz.com/news/protest.html

No comments: