Stat Counter



Saturday, May 22, 2010

My Heart Attack Story

I woke up Tuesday morning not thinking of anything but wasting some time  on the computer before I had to get ready for work.But while waiting for it to boot up,that all changed.
Without warning my head felt somewhat dazed;like it was spinning quarter turns counter-clockwise again and again and again.

It felt right to stand up,so I did.

My body felt heavy and numb.
Like when your leg falls asleep.My whole body felt that way.

There was no pain.I wasn't incoherent.

My thoughts were clear..almost supremely so.
In my mind,I thought that I would walk with a drunkenly stagger,but I didn't.I walked straight and with purpose.

Still,my body was wrong...too heavy...head,back of my neck,chest(lung areas),small of my back,thighs.

I coughed..somewhere,I read that could get your heart back to beating correctly.
No good.
Stroke?
I moved my mouth back in forth.Opened and closed my hands,Walked.Talked out loud.
Aspirin.I went to the bathroom cabinet.Took two.
Somethings not right.
Worry.Not fear.Deep concern.
I went up stairs,"Robyn,I am not feeling right."
"What?What's wrong?"
"I don't know.I feel wrong."
"You feel clammy."
"Sure it's not you,"I joked.
"Hush."
Back down stairs.
"Here,let's lower your head below your feet."
"What's this gonna do?"
"Might help.Let's take you to the hospital."
"I know a guy at work with diabetes.He says when his sugar is low,he feels funny."
"Here,"Robyn said,returning from the kitchen,"Eat this power bar,then let's go to the hospital."

No comments: