Stat Counter



Monday, June 18, 2007

Bad News

I went to the doctor today because over the Memorial Day holiday I went up to visit my brother and after we spent the night drinking and eating smoked ham,I woke up the next morning with really swollen ankles.That and my back had been hurting me.Well,they checked my vitals and all seemed well.The doctor told me that just for the shit and giggles he wanted to get some blood work drawn.

I got something to eat,then went to play church softball.I went 5-6 and while it did wind me,I had fun.Then I came home.

I got a call from my test results at nineP.M....the first thing I thought was-uh oh,this can't be good news.The lady said that she was worried that my hemoglobin was soo low.She said that the normal range is from 10-20 whatevers but that mine was well below five!She said that I should probably get a blood transfusion the first thing tomorrow morning,and if I got into a car wreck it could be very serious.I told her that it was a couple weeks ago when I was feeling bad,but I was feeling good enough to go 5-6 at softball tonight and could it wait until after work tomorrow.

She acted like I must be mad,perhaps I am,But they still haven't gotten me my check at work yet and I am suppose to pick it up tomorrow.I am already late on our bills.They said I would probably have to go into the hospital for tests...I certainly can't do that with Robyn and the boys coming home Wednesday night.

I don't know if I am tuff or stupid.She asked if I ever felt tired.I said I've felt tired ever since the triplets were born.It has become away of life.I hate for Robyn to have to come home to this.it sucks....but what can ya' do?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Run, don't walk, to get those tests done! You're severely anemic! You're not going to be any good to Robyn or the boys if you're extremely sick!

I'm not kidding. Do it, dammit!

Mixter

Dharma said...

Like she said and the swollen ankles is not good either. Why can't you do it with them coming home Wed. night? What does that have to do with the price of eggs? If you don't go you may be cheating them out of your years!!