Stat Counter



Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Recovery

Like an idiot,I went to work yesterday.The main point was that my company had still not gotten my check to me.Until last Friday,my company had always had a supervisor bring it out to us.Suddenly,they told us if we wanted it,we had to come get it.I neither had the time or the inkling to drive a hour and a half on Friday night to get it.Saturday morning,I headed up to my parents.Monday four different supervisors went,"Oh,I didn't know I was supposed to get it." Two even said that they would make sure I got it tomorrow(meaning Tuesday).

Monday night,of course was when I was told my blood tests said I needed blood desperately.I told my doctor that I had to go to work(I didn't say because I needed to pick up my check).They said that if I absolutely 'had' to work that I could,but that evening I needed to get the blood...

My hemoglobin was dangerously low(5.9),but I was guessing it probably had been for some time,so I went to work.Of course no supervisor even ever showed up(one was supposed to,but even though I waited an half hour after work,he never did).

So,last night I called the office.They told me that if I needed it to come pick it up.I told them I couldn't make it.They promised me they would sent it out with a supervisor first thing in the morning...I sighed...OK.

I was at the hospital from five in the evening until just after three this morning.I received two whole units of blood.They could not believe that I could have played softball-yet went to work.They said most people would have been way too fatigued and that my blood level must have been very low for sometime.

Like an idiot,I got up at 5:20 this morning.To be truthful,I felt good.The blood must had done it's trick,because -this blows my mind-I had more energy and was less tired then I was on a average normal day....Man,I 'must' have been two quarts low.

I was happy.I was feeling good.I was gonna get my check,perhaps mow the lawn,do the dishes,clean the house a tad,take a well deserved nap,and then go pick up Robyn and the boys at the airport in Columbus in time for their 10:55 arrival.

Yeah,you guessed it.I didn't get my check.The supervisor didn't even come out until quiting time and then he said very indigently that he never claimed that he was going to bring me my check.Technically,he was correct.He said he would make sure that another supervisor would bring it out to me,not that he would.I was pissed so I countered,"Yeah,I know you never made an attempt to get me my check."I think I was too high brow,because I don't think he understood what I saying.

Back to the office.They said if I wanted the check,I had to come get it...but by eight o'clock.Well,there went my freakin' nap time.

I am glad I am feeling good again.I honestly had no idea how bad I felt.It is 5:30pm the day after me getting blood,and on less then three hours sleep I feel better rested and more invigorated then I normally would...WoW!All I can say is,"Thank God."Though Robyn would add,You should also thank your doctor,and the hospital for getting you your blood."She has a point.

Well..off to mow.Yippee.I get to see the family tonight.All's well that ends well :-)

3 comments:

Dharma said...

Good for you! Did they give you any further advice?

What If There Is dog? said...

Not yet,I am supposed to get back with the doctor tomorrow.I will let you know when I know.

Anonymous said...

Definitely let us know if they tell you why you were so anemic! I'm a little worried about you!

Enjoy having the family back home!

Mixter