Stat Counter



Friday, June 15, 2007

Little Things

News from my missionaries in Mexico.Our First United Presbyterian Church missionaries are helping to build housing for the nearly homeless in Juarez,Mexico.Robyn has been not just a very hard worker/leader,but the comic relief.If you know Robyn at all,you know how much of a hoot she can be.Good ol' Nik is going with the flow,up to any challenge,and helping to cook the supper.Adam,is also working hard,but is somewhat homesick(missing his gal & ESPN,I assume)and Tyler has five stitches on his maybe broken nose,and two chipped teeth.It was a late night accident,going as a group to an outhouse in the pitchblack darkness,and somehow-goofing around-he ran his face into a local buddy's fist.Robyn had to take him back to El-Paso for treatment.I wish Tyler could go to one camp,or mission trip without getting an allergic bee sting reaction,or a chipped tooth.Oh,well,all went well today.Maybe they got all the bad luck out of their system.God be with them.





My feelings is that the Immigration Bill will never work.Why?The simple answer is:WAL-MART.No,not that Wally's World hires them...they like taking their money too much.It is the same with the bill to make English the official language of America.It won't happen.Why?Wal-Mart prints most everything in both English and Spanish for one reason and one reason only:$$$$.As long as cash can be made off illegal immigrants,they will be staying in the U.S.The only way I can see to stop the Mexican flood is to severely punish all the companies that deal in their illegal labour...and we all know that isn't going to happen.I mean,there is no way I can blame the border crossers from trying to get the money here.Here's why.Say you are unemployed here in the U.S.(not too far of a stretch here in Ohio)and you hear that there are plenty of jobs in Canada making $100.00 an hour.Would you go?Would you go to support your family even if you had to sneak in to get the job?I would.Now,eliminate that $100.00 an hour illegal job...





Whisky?Whiskey?Spending some time alone without the family I have had plenty of time to ponder such questions.I mean,I thought all whiskey was w.h.i.s.k.e.y.,but it isn't.Scotch whisky is spelled without the 'e',but Irish whiskey is with the 'e'?!?The easy solution to this puzzling riddle is this.Countries that make this corn based beverage that don't have an 'e' in their name(ie Scotland,Canada,Japan,etc),don't use an 'e' in their spelling of whisky.Those that do have an 'e'(America,Ireland,etc)do.Of course America being America there are allot of rule breakers,especially with Bourbons.Whiskey(with the'e')is also the non-brand name,generic spelling for whiskey.And in Scotland,scotch is called,simply,whisky.Of course for me-basically a non-whiskey drinker,the best part is the whiskey in a glass filled with ice.I love the smell and the clinking of the ice in the glass.Rather smooth when sipped.Yes...the whisky/whiskey question gave me the urge to try some,and I did slightly indulge.I went low in.Canadian Mist.To my surprise,it wasn't sharp at all,but actually rather smooth....now,what am i gonna do with a 2/3's full bottle of whisky?I do believe it will gather dust.


I am a Coke-a-Cola person.I like Coke products,But I have been drinking the new diet Pepsi this week.It is called 'Diet Pepsi:Max.It has 46 mg of caffeine per 8 oz.serving(around half of a cup of coffee). I have been drinking allot of it.It has a nice sort of kick to it.


It sounds like I have been the mouse that has been playing while the cat is away...and I have been,a little bit.I have also been going to work every day and working around the house(just little things like fixing the garbage disposal).Millie the dog has got walked more,too.Today,up to see Mom & Dad.

Have fun people.God bless.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You've certainly had a lot of thinking time lately!

Mixter