Stat Counter



Thursday, January 10, 2008

Can You Hear Me Now? or Why It Maybe Harder For Hillary To Get Elected

According to this news report,men actually have a hard time listening to women.I assume this is why men often zone out their wives.Could this make a difference for Hillary Clinton?

Candidates are somewhat elected on their charisma.This makes their ideologies easier to swallow.A great speech can make you comfortable and excited about a candidate.Think JFK.Think Bill Clinton.Think hillbilly boy,George Bush.The drawl of their accents excites us.Comforts us.Makes us believe in them.

But...if men have a discomfort in hearing Hillary because of her feminine voice...couldn't that have the opposite effect?If men have to strain to hear her,wouldn't that,at least on a subconscious level,irritate them a tad,maybe even put a little fear or distrust into their psyche?And wouldn't that be enough to make most men draw back away from her?

I'm thinking 'could be'.And,as a man,that scares me.Could I be throwing away the best candidate just because I have to strain to hear her?I don't know,but I am going to take the extra effort to find out.

Are you hearing me,Mrs.Clinton?I'm listening.What do you have to say?Can you hear me now?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.