Stat Counter



Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Joe Lieberman & The Dollar Tree


I have different sources to buy my books.Wal-Mart;The local bookstores,Half.com,the mall bookstores,and my absolute favorite place to buy good books:The Dollar Tree.I have gotten sooo many good books from the Dollar Tree that I consider them #1 for books that I actually read.Love reading about politics?The Dollar Tree is the place to get a good read...and for only $1.00!I have gotten books by Stephen King,Tom Clancy,Arthur C.Clark,Michael Moore,John Kerry,etc.I have bought books there about the Arab culture,Enron,Bill & Hillary Clinton...just fantastic books.Recently,I bought Joe Lieberman's,published in 2000,book,'In Praise Of Public Life'.Personally,I find Mr.Lieberman to be somewhat dry and wishy washy,but this is a good book about becoming a politician.He talks in pre-9/11 terms about being an honest politician(Never do anything you don't want to be published on the front page of a newspaper).He talks about not shaming his family,and doing the correct thing.He tells how he beat an incumbent(How ironic is that).Though I am only a quarter of the way through the book,it really makes me think how much the integrity of politicians has fallen since George W.Bush has taken office...don't we just expect sooo much less now-a-days?This book has really got me thinking.And isn't that a sign of a good book?Maybe,part of me is glad Joe Lieberman lost his primary because I think of him as a traitor to the cause...or maybe it is because I just don't think he is dirty and corrupt enough to play hardball with the GOP/Carl Rove Machine.Hmmm.I find myself wishing that it was 2000 again.Maybe because after starting to read this book I am ready to start dreaming,again.

2 comments:

Number Six said...

He sold out. That's the bottom line, Drew, he just sold out.

Thus, DINO: Democrat In Name Only. Notice who's supporting him as of late. Why would they want him to continue on? Why, he's one of them now, of course.

Amazing......

What If There Is dog? said...

In his book(written in 2000)he was pro enviroment and pro military action.On any bill,he stated that he would always want a gop co-signer.He pretty much states that he is a scratch my back I'll scratch yours politican.In this era when Dems voting in 'Democratic' primaries-just voting their minds-voted against Leiberman-are called terrorist by the repubicans,and Lieberman did not even protest these statements-that,to me,is liebermans most damning moment.He should of stuck up for the Democratic voters:AND DID NOT

7:10 AM