Stat Counter



Thursday, August 31, 2006

Time To ketchup PT II

Washington,Jefferson,FDR,JFK all did worst things then Bill.I consider all these men good presidents.To put it another way.A guy where I used to work(I'll call him by the fake name of Sam) was really putting down Mr.Clinton on this subject.He was blasting the president to no end for having sex outside of his marriage.He asked me how could he explain this to his six year old son when he saw it on Tv?I said,he should blame the news channels not Bill,because this by right is none of the public's business.He countered that the president is a very public figure,therefore we have a right to know.It could affect how he runs the country.

I asked him about the guy here at work having an affair.Did it affect his work?Now,Sam liked this guy-everyone did.And the man was a hell of a worker,"No way.If anything,he works harder,"Sam smirked,"But the President is different."

I told him I agreed.The president has men taking bullets for him.He is the leader of the free world.Then,just to push his button,I said,"Do we really want a president with blue balls running this country?Do we really want a president with his finger on the button,or invading Iraq because Nancy,Barbara,or Laura isn't gonna give him any until he does?Shouldn't the nation come first?"

I was just being facetious,just trying to get a raise out of him.I only half meant what I was saying,but to my surprise,he agreed with me.But then he said,"Yah,but he's still an ass."

This left me wondering how Joe Lie-berman was thinking about all of 'W's actions.Well,Joe is still on his side.I am glad the voters voted him out.Us democrats have to clean our own house first.

Joe is also a big big Business guy.He claimed that America has a shameful lack of values.He blamed the entertainment industry first and foremost,The media,second,and politicians third.No where did he blame Wall Street.

And that is whom I think is most to blame.Advertisements!How many naked or half naked people are there on Tv ads,Magazine ads,Billboards?People trying to get you to drink their beer,buy their car,shampoo,razor,aftershave,deoderant,perfume?

And not a mention from Joe Lieberman.

4 comments:

Osquer said...

I will reserve my comments on the Steelers until we make it to the playoffs. ;-) I have to admit a certain fondness for the Browns, though. They're my favorite team to watch the Steelers beat. LOL!

I like saurkraut on my hot dogs! Ketchup is a classic, though, so if there's no kraut, I gotta have the Heinz!

Dharma said...

Okay, I am going to address all your material in this one box so I don't have to go back & forth. By the way, since you have changed to the Beta I seem to have a hard time loading it and its script. Have you heard this from anyone else?

I am pretty much a purist when it comes to the "dog in the bun". I like either stadium or yellow mustard and LOTS & LOTS of onions. Occassionally I will do a kraut dog or chili dog, but still loaded with onion. Ketcup ruins everything but french fires and even then I use a double dip method. Ketchup & mayo on fries. Ketchup has just always been to tangy for me. I don't care much for any red sauce. White pizza, alfredo sauce. Not a big fan of the red.

Next, I am a fan of the multiple blade razor. I am surprised that you & Robyn share. Me & my men folk all have our own razors and they last a lot longer that way. Face & leg razors shave differently. Once on a leg I hear tell that it can really chew up a face. anything with 2-3 blades works for me and my kin. Although I do by the pink type for me and blue for them. Look at how sexist I am about razors!! Egads.

I agree about us Dems cleaning our own houses first. That sort of goes along w/my post today too. I may be a liberal, but I also know where things need changed and where I might be a tad more conservative about issues. We can live in glass houses if we are going to throw stones ourselves.

Advertising is out of control!! Look at those suggestive, sexual ads that Tag Body Spray have out for young boys/men. The girls mom attacks the kid when he comes to pick up the daughter for the date. As they say "sex sells". Always has and I guess it will be the gold standard that the industry will always fall back on. Look at that crappy ad that Paris Hilton had out there for some hamburger place. She was as close to naked as I think they would allow on TV.

As for the whole football thing...the Browns are so terrible, I am sorry Drew, but they have stunk for so long that it just doesn't help to have any hope. Cincinatti looks good. The Steelers don't bother me, but my mom sure gets all bent over them. I only watch a little of the pigskin if it is on as I walk through the room or I am TOTALLY bored out of my mind or in a sports bar naturally. :-) I do like their tight pants!! That should get y'all goin'.

Osquer said...

Mmmmm, Dharma! Football player buns! That's the best part about watching football.

Well, that and getting to watch my dad get up off the couch and yell "encouragement" at the players. "Run, run! Hit him! Hit him!" LOL!

BTW, Drew, I'm glad I haven't switched to beta. When I read your post and first commented, only Part I was showing, and I wondered about your description of the photo because it wasn't there yet. I notice that my comment appeared after Part II which is even stranger.

What If There Is dog? said...

I had to post an unfinished version of what I was writing and then divide the post in two because I wanted the photo on top.I am guessing,because of the length of my post,I could not in one post get the photo to download on the blog.Osquer,you have posted your comments on my unfinished version.The writing was all there but not the photo.dharma,I have trouble posting to your and other non beta posts too,so I guess that is a problem.