Stat Counter



Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Black Label Beer


"Mabel,Black Label," is a jingle I have not heard in a long time.But it is the jingle of the beer that I will always consider 'The Beer'.

Now,I have to admit it,I enjoy beer.But I am not a beer snob{if there can be such a thing}.I like all sorts of beers;Light beers,dark beers,lagers,stouts,ales,draft,bottle,can,local,micro-brews(ie The Great Lakes brewing Company),high end(Sam Adams),midrange(Budweiser)and one of my favorite beers,the low end Miller High Life Lite.All beers great,one and all.

But when I think back to what beer smells and tastes like,it is always 'Carling's Black Label'.It seems growing up that this was the brew of every family reunion,and friendfilled gathering..

Oh,I know I have my own holiday classics-like the Sam Adams Holiday 12 pack,that year in and year out I continue to enjoy and rememeber the holidays.But it is The Black label beer that is beer to me[Here is a great link that tells all about BLB].

What about you...?Do you have a favorite beverage,you would care to share telling us about?Don't be shy...come on tell us.

2 comments:

Dharma said...

Being a wine person most of the time I will occassionally dabble in beer. Most often when the establishment has dollar night, unless the beer happens to be MGD. That is just too light and watery for me. Usually it will be Miller Lte. My fav import is Pilsner Urkel (sp). Had it many years ago and it stands as my fav. It is more like a fine wine of beers. Very complex flavors. There is also one, I believe it is called Flying Dog that is pretty good.

Anonymous said...

I want to try the new chocolate lager that Miller has made for the holidays.

Mixter