Stat Counter



Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Zooey As Janis



Those people that know me really well,know that I am a big fan of Christmas music.{two posts in a row about Christmas?What is this...Christmas in October?}.I love it so much that each year as a Christmas card my family sends out a Christmas music CD instead.

Two years ago one of the hits of the CD-one of the songs I got the most complements about-was a song from the 'Elf' soundtrack.The song was a duet called ,'Baby,It's Cold Outside'.Everyone knew that the male part was Leon Redbone,but nobody knew who the girl was.Everyone was surprised to find out that it was Zooey Dechanel-Will Farrell's love interest in the movie-singing the part.The girl can sing.

I became an instant fan of hers.I just love her doe eyed looks,and punk rock attitude.I call her the girl with a thousand faces,because she can seemingly disappear into any part she takes.I thought she was the best part in the otherwise average,'Failure To Launch'.She was fun in 'Elf' and exceptional in 'The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy'.

Now,word is out that she is going to be playing Janis Joplin in the movie,'The Gospel According To Janis'.I think this is perfect casting.And,I predict that if the film is anywhere near the caliber of,'Ray' or 'I Walk The Line',Zooey will become a household name,a really big star,and an Academy award winner.

Remember...you heard it here first.


4 comments:

Dharma said...

Do you know where you heard/read that info? I just heard some talk , on the radio, the other day and they named a diff female and said that she was going to be in a movie about Janis and I remember thnking what a great choice, but it wasn't this same girl. Maybe there are going to be more than one movie. have you seen it online? I do love Janis. Wish I had the pipes to do her at karaoke.

Dharma said...

I found the info at Imb web site. They had a list of the other females that had been considered, but Zooey was chosen. Scarlett Johanson and others were on the list. That must be what they were talking about. The movie is due out in 2008.

What If There Is dog? said...

Entertainment Weekly was my source.They did mention another possible J.J.movie in the works,possibly starring Renee Zellweger,whom i think is too old to play her(Janis Joplin died when she was 27)
I like Scarlett Johanson.She is very pretty,fashionable with a great persona..but most beautiful woman on Earth(as reported on Regis & Kelly yesterday)Please...she's not even close...way too young for one thing(21)...way too young for another...

Osquer said...

Wow, cool! That girl really can sing! I love Janis and would love to see a movie about her with a well cast lead. Here's hoping they do her story justice!