Stat Counter



Monday, December 11, 2006

Oh Little Walled Town Of Bethlehem













O little town of BethlehemHow still we see thee lieAbove thy deep and dreamless sleepThe silent stars go byYet in thy dark streets shinethThe everlasting LightThe hopes and fears of all the yearsAre met in thee tonight

These lyrics have deeper meaning this year for the residents of Bethlehem.It is now a walled city.Yes,the Israeli wisdom of the day is to fence these people in with a thirty foot wall.Why?To easier keep the terrorist in.I know,the Israelis have the right to do this-I suppose-just like the Nazi had the right to block in Warsaw during WWII.

I am repulsed by this.And I am pro-Israeli.I have made it my habit of following my God,but not his children,blindly.After all,Israel has a strong history of God coming down on them-and the people that side with them-when they do not follow His teachings.

And to me,this is not following his teachings.How can they justify the actions of the Nazi's creating the Warsaw Ghetto by building a thirty foot wall around a city of mostly innocent people and doing the same thing:for the same reasons?

Don't they know that walls don't work?The Great Wall of China is still around,but are the people meant to stay out side of it still outside?What about the Berlin Wall?What about our own wall we want to build against Mexico?I know that they say good fences build good neighbors...but this is ridiculous.People are starving,and unable to work.Some people have three walls against their houses.Is this type of persecution anyway to live?No,it is demeaning and cruel and must be stopped!

To read more about the closed Bethlehem,click here:
http://www.openbethlehem.org/ and pray they see the shining light.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are a true Christian, my friend.

Mixter