Stat Counter



Saturday, December 16, 2006

Pay It Backward

Here is a heartwarming story that I first heard on 'DayBreak U.S,A.', a syndicated morning radio show.I liked the story so much that I e-mailed one of the hosts to get to story to pass along to you.It seems like the perfect Christmas story.I guess there is a thing as paying it backward:-) I will have Al Lerner tell it to you:


Thanks for listening. We really appreciate having you with us. Here's a copy of the Starbucks story that peaked your interest. Hope this helps.
Have a great week-end.

All the best,

Al Lerner
DayBreak USA

Thirsty customers at a Starbucks in Bloomington, Illinois found themselves taking part in an odd example of the holiday spirit Tuesday morning. For three hours, customers were having their coffee paid for by the person in front of them. Workers say one woman started the chain by paying for the drink of the person behind her, and then customers kept paying down the line. The store says 142 people paid for someone else's order. Starbucks workers say they've seen people pay for drinks before, never that many or for that long.


So intrigued was I that I actually called the Starbucks myself to verify this story.The only thing that the manager(sorry,I forgot to ask her for her name) added to the tale is that this was a 'drive-thru' event.She did say that they always have a pretty steady line and the chain kept going for 142 customers and that it did indeed go on for around three hours.


Isn't this just a great heart warming story?I think so.I hope you are having the most excellent of Christmas seasons...psssst, pass it on:-)

3 comments:

Dharma said...

That is a very cool story. That would probably never happen at ours because the students don't usually have the money for another persons beverage. It would be fun though!!

Dharma said...

Wow, I was actually able to post on your beta blog. A good day today!!

Jenika said...

I Love this!!!