Stat Counter



Sunday, December 17, 2006

The Sunday Cinema:"It's A 'W' Life"

Chapter Nine:

The angel lieutenant Don Knotts is speaking,"Now,men,here is where our hero,George,starts losing faith.He is on the phone in the Oval Office."....

......"Yah,Hi,Bill..how ya doing?Look,things are really building up.Mr.Potter keeps telling me to shut up or he'll shoot me in the face...and ya know...I think he will.Laura keeps harpin' on me---don't tell her I said harpin'----bout getting some dang blasted hospital built in Iraq.I can't even promise her that.Karl keeps hsssing at me...and Rummy..you know(in a whisper)you know..I think he may have been wrong...Condi..well she's fine..real fine.Well and this Cindy Schiavo thing...and Terri Sheehan thing and this Katrina thing..Hell..sorry...heck..I've been there eight times what more could they ask of me..that's good leading.....

"....what?No,I'm not back on the sauce...well a little Jack Daniels before press conferences,but that's just for nerves.See,I'm Rehoboam.Yeah,Solomon's son...Gotta stay the course.Can't cut and run.I'm God's instrument..What?Everyone,Laura,Mr.Potter,Condi,Bill O'Reilly..They all can can't be wrong.They can?

"Ah,look,Bill..er...Billy...Mr. Graham,that's what I been thinkin,too.I mean them Democrats are in control now...but it was Katrina that got me thinking.See,I like New Orleans..If God punished it because it was sinful..well..I was like New Orleans...maybe God is punishing me...

"...You want me to do what?..Just at random?Before bedtime?Well...OK.I don't see how it'll...yes,Sir,yes,Sir,I do trust you.Yes,Sir,I am sorry to have interrupted your Christmas Eve sermon..."

With that the angel Gabriel speaks,"Now,men,Mr.Presidents,this is where you three come in....

No comments: