Stat Counter



Tuesday, September 12, 2006

The Black Keys







Today is the big day-music wise.The Black Keys new cd,'Magic Potion',comes out!It has been a very long time since I have been excited about any new music.The Black Keys,for you that don't know who they are,are a two man rock/blues combo from Akron,Ohio.Though you may never have heard of them,I am sure you have heard them.Their music has been used on commercials for Victoria's Secret,Nissan cars,The Tour Le France,and even on some Tv shows like Modern Marvels.

This is their forth full length studio cd.They do have a couple EP's and a DVD.They have been on both Conan O'Brian and David Letterman.And if there was any justice in the world,They would be kings of rock radio(if that even exists anymore).Robert Plant when asked if there was anyone he would like to jam with today,said The Black Keys.Entertainment Weekly gave this new cd an 'A-'.Rolling Stone gave it three and a half stars.

And...I almost saw them once.I went on line last year and bought non-refundable tickets to actually go see them in Cincinnati.I printed them off and showed them to the boys the next morning.All three boys like The Black Keys,but Tyler loves them.He goes,"Um,Dad,does that mean we can skip a night of being in the high school musical?"Crap,I didn't know of that scheduling conflict.All three boys were in,'West Side Story',the same weekend as the concert.Adam had a speaking and a solo singing part.

Nik said I should sell them on E-Bay,but I thought I would just sell them to Robyn's brother in Cincinnati.Well,I waited too long.Low and behold,he called us...they were coming up to the musical that very night!Needless to say,I still have the tickets.

It is just my luck,that I have another piece of Andy's luck involved with this new cd as well.They were selling it on line-signed copies to the first 100 people who bought them,so I ordered it...only to see in the small print,'will not be shipped until sept,12th'.

So,I did not get this in the mail today.

Here are some of their songs from their other cd's worth downloading:

10am Automatic
Thickfreakness
Have Love-Will Travel
Have Mercy On Me
She Said She Said
Stack Shot Billy
The Summer Time Blues

1 comment:

What If There Is dog? said...

For all of you checking out The Black Keys,I have posted three Black key videos.Posting date Sept,12...check them out.