Stat Counter



Friday, September 08, 2006

Dirty Blackwell

This is from 'Scene Magazine',a Cleveland weekly:

GOP punks PD Speaking of Common Sense 2006, it turns out that the man running it has a second job duping The Plain Dealer.
In an August 20 story about swing voters in Ohio's coming elections, PD political scribe Mark Naymik introduced us to Nathan Estruth, a man who claimed to be a Republican thinking about voting Democrat this year.
But after listening to a Ted Strickland speech at a Clermont County rally, Estruth told the paper he wasn't swayed.
"I wanted to see if he was an executive with clear plans for fixing the state," Estruth was quoted as saying. "What I got was partisan talk. He confirmed my worst fears."
Unfortunately for Naymik, Estruth wasn't quite the man he claimed to be. Turns out he's an undercover operative for Uncle Tom Blackwell -- who, as a deeply religious man, is merely following God's teachings on deceit. In fact, Estruth happens to be the president of Common Sense 2006, which is using untraceable money to buy attack ads against Strickland.
"I have egg on my face," admits Naymik, who took a severe beating from the liberal blogs last week. "I wish I knew of his background. I wouldn't have used him because he's made his mind up."
Which brings to mind the old journalism bromide: "If your mother says she loves you, check it out."

No comments: