Stat Counter



Saturday, September 16, 2006

Burning

So.....Now the Muslim world is acting violently-burning churches,burning the Pope in effigy and generally acting like spoiled children because the Pope said in the early days of their religion they may have spread their faith through violence(Dah)...proving the Pope's point.Forgive me for saying this,but I do believe the Pope,as leader of HIS religion,has a right to preach the value of his faith over that of others.Excuse me,but isn't that what Muslim leaders do,too?And why shouldn't they?

It appears to me-a non-Muslim-that Muslims must have very little faith in their own religion.Why else burn churches and people in effigy?I mean,to me-a Christian-if I had heard a non Christian spouting off about Christ,say...saying he peed his pants...what would I care?Because that's probably not even true.If a non -Christian said that Christ was gay...what would I care?I am neither asking them or forcing them to see what I perceive as the light.

Now,if a non Christian said these things,and I did not have the faith to dismiss these accounts..it would really piss me off..and all the prayer in the world would not be able to change me.Even if what this non Christian said to me made me doubt,why should I put my doubt back on him.It is my doubt and I would have to find my way in dealing with it.

One of the riches I have always found in the Muslim religion,is their massive amount of faith.I constantly wish I could express my belief as openly and expressively as my Muslim cousins....but this intolerance makes me doubt my brothers.How can they be so easily swayed?How can someones words not even of their belief,and not even being said being said directly to them cause them to act the way the speaker says they have acted before?


I just don't get it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Show me just what Mohammed brought that was new, and there you will find things only evil and inhuman, such as his command to spread by the sword the faith he preached"I think if someone said this about your religion you would be pissed off,too.How would you like it if I said christianity brought nothing knew and only inhumane evil?I think the Muslims had a right to be upset.

What If There Is dog? said...

Upset enough to burn churches?kill nuns?Please explaine to me how that is any different then your quoted remarks?
If the Pope told you to jump off a bridge would you do it?